Fish (do NOT use frozen!!)
* Squid 150 gr. (I used fresh calamares)
* 150 gr prawns, the bigger the better
* 8 very large prawns, in the shell
* 12 mussels
Rice and Spices
* Sweet paprika (Pimentón Dulce)
* Rice, one cupful per person (use Spanish paella rice, or Italian risotto rice if you can't find the Spanish)
* 3 medium sized grated tomatoes
* Garlic 2 or 3 cloves
* Fish stock and/or regular stock (fresh, not from stock cubes) + white wine (approximately twice as much as the rice)
* Olive oil
Note: best to use a paella pan, as these are large and rather flat, to quickly cook everything, and so everyone can grab the goodies easily!
1. Cut the squid into rings
2. Heat the oil and when it is smoking add the prawns, sauté for a minute or two then remove and put to one side.
3. Next, put the squid in the pan and fry until light golden brown.
4. At this moment, add the tomatoes and the garlic, finely-chopped, and fry for a couple of minutes until they darken.
5. Now add the Pimentón Dulce (sweet paprika); stir everything around before adding the rice.
6. Pour in the stock, add another half clove of garlic (finely chopped) and let it all boil vigorously.
7. After 10 minutes of cooking add the prawns and the mussels. Cook for an extra 5 minutes until the liquid has evaporated completely.